The Net-at-hand reseller program gives designers the opportunity to offer Net-at-hand to clients, with their own unique login, while maintaining the ability to access those accounts and control the design of the site.
As a designer, this gives your clients the ability to easily maintain their own websites, and gives you the opportunity to earn some regular income while Net-at-hand does all the work of maintaining the system.
As a designer, you can create Net-at-hand accounts for your clients, and maintain access to those accounts for the purpose of helping your clients.
Resellers are billed one the first of each month depending on the number of client sites that are in their account.
Net-at-hand lets you set up billing plans for your clients where you set the price per site that your client will be billed. Net-at-hand then charges your clients whatever price you have set. When your reseller account is billed on the first of each month, the payments that have been made by your clients are applied to your account. If there is any remaining that you owe Net-at-hand, you will be charged that amount. If there is an overage, which is your profit, that amount is sent to you via Paypal or check.
How to set up client billing:
- After you are logged into your Net-at-hand account, go to the “Client billing plans” area of the “Clients” tab. Click the button to “Add new plan”.
- Simply name the plan and set what the price should be per site. Your profit is displayed in real time showing exactly how much you will earn.
- Go to your client list in the “Clients” tab and select the client you want to start billing. Select your plan from the drop down and click “Update client info”.
- That’s all there is to it!
Things you should know:
- When you assign a plan to a client, the client is notified via email that a billing plan has been set up for them. It asks them to log into their account and set up the billing information for their account. You may want to follow up with them directly since spam filters will often keep this email from their view.
- Also, when you assign a plan to a client, it sets up their account to be suspended after 30 days of non-payment. They will be notified via email after two weeks if payment has not been set up. They will be notified again at 7 days and 1 day before their account is suspended.
- When you are billed on the first of each month, any payments made by your clients during the previous month will be applied to your account. If billing is set up for your client in the middle of the month, but they do not make their first payment until after the first of the next month, that payment will not go toward your account until the following month.
- Resellers are sent an invoice on the first of each month. Payouts (profit from your client’s payments) are sent out on the 7th of each month. The simple reason for this is that there is typically a 7-day delay in your client’s payments and the availability of funds to Net-at-hand.